Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Why do Badgers get a Bad Rap?


So, today while catching up on one of my favorite NPR shows Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me, I heard the most outrageous bit of news... they mentioned the Iraqis blaming the American forces for releasing a pack of huge, man-eating badgers in an Iraqi city. I have heard of the atrocities of war, but this is taking it to a whole new level! What's so bad about these creatures anyway? I think that, aside from their sharp teeth, they're quite cute. But this is coming from someone who thinks the same of opossums. We're all mammals... we should bond together.. animals with breasts are the best! (or something of the sort)
I prefer to think of them as the star of the never ending Badger Song instead.
Special Note: there is already a Wikipedia entry about the alleged military operation "bad badger"... i love wikipedia!

No comments: