Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Everything is a bit better with some Port.



So today i've been a bit blue, ok, pretty blue, well, more like hiding in bed and hating myself for it kind of blue. After being that blue, a girl can get a little peck-ish, but not just any nibble will do... i had a craving for my old 'blue night special': some port and a big-ass salad. i have all the makings for my big-ass salad, but i lacked the port. this little item was of such import in the whole scheme of dinner that i actually got out of the house for the first time today to procure it. a miracle in itself. i was so set on the sweet, comforting taste of port seeping into my blue little tongue that i actually went to two liquor stores before i could find just the right bottle (aka a bottle cheap enough for my $10 allowance so graciously given by one sweet Bananie.) thankfully, the port is working its magic, and i think i have the patience to tackle making the salad. perhaps i won't be so blue after a good dose of greens.

4 comments:

Steve Lawson said...

A bottle of Port for less than $10?? i SO need to move to the States... :o)

xxxxx

schmelorama said...

Yes, you do. But not for the cheap port! oh, my head, my belly this morning!
xoxoxo

ohchicken said...

heh, you said "import". punny funny, honey.

oh, and nothing takes away your blues quite like port + salad + bananie + rescuing another kitten.

¡viva la sal!

kristin said...

yum! I love port!